Sunday 1 June 2014

Bonnebell Liplites - Strawberry Parfait

This lipgloss is supposed to be a dupe for Nars Turkish Delight. Everyone is always raving about it, especially because it's so cheap. So when I stopped by a Walmart I picked one up.



I don't own or have never tried Nars Turkish delight so I can't do a full comparison. All I can say is that this is deffinately a cheap lipgloss and I can't imagine Nars making anything this bad. I'm hoping the only reason this is popular is because of the colour, because the formula sucks. I had to put on like 4 layers until it did anything. It's just very thin and not very glossy. The colour by itself is nothing special, pretty sheer. It just pales the lips out a little bit without adding much colour.



It is really nice over top of lipsticks though. I like wearing it over nude lipsticks to add a bit of colour so the lips aren't so washed out when I do a darker eye look. I don't have a light pink gloss for this purpose, so that's really why I got it. It can be worn over any colour. I've been liking it over pale nudes and more brown nudes like MACs viva glam V to make it less brown.

And it wasn't even all that cheap! I think I paid either $6.99 or $7.99. I know that it's cheap compared to Nars but for a brand like Bonnebell with a formula that feels like 99 cents, I think it was over priced! I've heard of people getting it for like $2 in the states which is more in line with the quality.

The best part? It tastes really good! Like watermelon. Deff my fav part.

I know it seems like I gave this a harsh review but I've actually been wearing it like everyday so I think I like it more than I think. It's just a very simple, versatile lipgloss. 



Have you tried this lipgloss? Do you love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment