Tuesday 25 February 2014

First Impressions: MAC MSF from "A Fantasy of Flowers"

MAC has a collection out called "A Fantasy of Flowers". It is a small collection and like the name would suggest, is bright, fun colours for spring. I can't review the whole collection because I only bought one item. The lip products in the line though, look right up my alley.





I originally wanted to by the mineralize skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. I've heard good things about it as a highlighter and I've gotten tired of my Nars Albatross as I find it too yellow and frosted. I swatched Soft and Gentle and it looked really nice. The sales associate showed me the MSF from the new line called Perfect Topping which is very similar to Soft and Gentle. Swatched side by side the Perfect Topping is pretty much the same colour but less frosted or glittery. It is a champagne, flesh coloured highlighter with a bit of pink which is just what I was looking for. It doesn't have any chunks or glitter. The shimmer is very fine almost more of a satin finish than a frost. It is more subtle than Albatross as it isn't as frosted. I would show you a picture of it on my face, but I'm sick right now and look like a mess. Maybe in the future.




These are both Perfect topping, I just used two fingers for some reason. This is applied with one swipe quite heavily.

Blended out a bit to be more subtle


I love this highlighter. It's super pretty, pigmented, and creamy but subtle. The only downside is the price at $35 CAN. However, you get 0.32oz verses Nars which is $33 for 0.16oz. I have had my Albatross for years and still have not hit pan. In comparison the Hourglass Ambient lighting powders are $52 for 0.35oz. Although the Hourglass highlighters look really nice as well, I just can't bring myself to spend $52 on a highlighter. So in comparison to other highlighters on the market it is actually priced fairly well. And given how much product you get, I don't think I'll ever run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment