Monday 3 February 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

I was using the L'Oreal True Match foundation for a few weeks and decided I hated it with my oily skin. I went to the drugstore looking for a new full coverage foundation for oily skin. I saw the Stay Matte and knew the powder was a favourite so I thought I'd try the foundation knowing nothing about it.



The formula is very and moussey, but feels different from any other mousse or whipped foundation I have tried. It feels really thick at first and thought it was for sure going to be horrible and cakey, but it actually blends out really nice. The bottle says "Feather-light, liquid mousse blends flawlessly for natural-looking, all day shine control. Silky smooth formula leaves a perfectly matte, baby-soft finish. Lightweight texture won't feel heavy or greasy." I totally agree. It blended out well and doesn't feel thick on the skin.It is probably the longest wearing foundation I have tried. I work 12 hour shifts and usually by noon my face is oily and foundation is breaking up. I wouldn't say this foundation looked perfect all shift (impossible with my oily skin), but I stayed matte much longer than usual. I have tried the Makeup Forever Matte Velvet+ but found the formula a bit too matte and looked terrible if my skin was slightly dry. The Matte Velvet+ also oxidizes on me and the Stay Matte does not. I feel like maybe the creaminess of the mousse makes this matte formula more forgiving on dry skin. That being said, all foundations highlight patchiness and dry skin.

Looks thick, but blends nicely. Full coverage.

Ingredients list

The only downside is the shade selection. I'm pale and bought the colour Ivory because the other lighter colour looked too pink. This colour is a shade too dark for me. I have used another Rimmel foundation and had the same problem. Maybe in the summer when I have a bit of colour it will be ok because the tone is good. It is also too thick to use around the eye area and can look a bit thick or cakey there. I usually avoid the eye area with my foundation and use under eye concealer, but I skip that step for work when I'm rushed in the morning.

I applied this foundation with my fingers and blended it out with the Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush. I tried it without a primer and with Benefits Porefessional and it looked just as nice without the primer. Day to day for work I don't use a primer and it holds up really well.

I love this foundation and so far, it is the best foundation I have used. I just wish there was a wider shade selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment