Thursday 30 January 2014

Benefit Porefessional

This primer is a cult favorite in the beauty world. A smooth, poreless complexion with a slight colour to even out redness? Sign me up! I did not buy this primer but got it free when I cashed in points. I don't think I could bring myself to spent $36 on a primer. Having of tried it, would I buy it again? Not a chance.





This primer is described as professional balm to minimize the look of pores. It is "oil-free, lightweight, translucent, and silky". I agree with all those statements, but does it minimize my pores? Not very much. I have large, dark pores, mostly around my nose and cheeks. If there was a product that actually covered them, I would be thrilled. Foundation covers the colour of them, but they are still noticeable. The Porefessional minimizes the look SLIGHTLY when I'm an inch from the mirror, but nothing anybody else could notice. And I feel like part of the reason could be the tint of colour disguising them as well. As far as foundation application goes, again, nothing really outstanding. And for foundation longevity, its about the same. I'm very oily so I love mattifying products, but this didn't do anything worth noting. I put porefessional on half my face and applied my foundation and there was really no difference once the foundation is on. Don't get me wrong, I like how it feels on the skin. It's very smooth and silky feeling. It doesn't feel greasy or make my foundation slide off like some silicone primers do. I just don't think it is worth the $36 price tag. Maybe I just don't like primers? I wish there was a Primer Potion equivalent for the face...

Looks thick but blends out very silky

You can barely see it...blends translucently into the skin.


I'll use up this tube but I would not repurchase. Does anyone agree with me or am I taking crazy pills?? Are there any miracle primers you have tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment