Sunday 12 January 2014

MAC vs Anastasia Brow Pencils

I'll start with saying I have blonde hair and never got in the habit of filling my brows. I always thought filled in brows looked really over done and unnatural. I decided a few months ago to try a brow pencil to lightly fill in my brows and I've never looked back. The first pencil I bought was the MAC "fling" brow pencil. I really liked this pencil but thought I would try the Anastasia brow wiz after all the hype I've heard about. After trying both, these are my thoughts.

MAC fling- This pencil is very soft and transfers very easily to the brow. The colour for me was perfect. This is the pencil that got me hooked on filling in my brows. That being said, the downside is that being so soft, I had to twist it up a lot. I had to twist it up for each brow, if not twice a brow. I kept it pretty short (didn't twist it up too far) as a common complaint is that it breaks off easily. I only had it break off once when I twisted it up a bit far, so as long as you keep it short, it's fine. Because I had to twist it up so much, I felt like I was going through it pretty quick. I probably used it 3-4 days a week on average (I don't fill in my brows for work) and it lasted about 5 months. It is 0.09g and costed $19 CAN.



Anastasia Brow Wiz Ash Blonde- I just bought this pencil and so far I really like it. It is also a twist up but it isn't as soft as MAC. It has more of the consistency of a pencil. For that reason, I find you have to work with it a bit more, but the results are very subtle and natural. It comes with a brush on the end which is handy so you don't have to go back and forth with a brush and it's easy to travel with. I would say this product is good for beginners or people who are more hesitant to use a brow product. The only downside is that the colour is not quite right. Looking up close in the mirror the colour seems a bit off but standing back it looks fine. I don't think anyone will be staring at my brows that closely. I can't tell you if this one lasts longer because I just got it, but I don't have to twist it up as much which I like. This pencil is also a bit pricier at $27 CAN for 0.085g.



I think these are both great brow pencils, but I think I prefer the Anastasia Brow Wiz slightly more.


No comments:

Post a Comment