Friday 3 January 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3

I just got this palette two weeks ago so I haven't used all the colours or done a ton of looks yet. But everyday I've worn make up since I bought it, I've used it. So far, I'm really enjoying it. It is rose hued colours which I was skeptical of at first because I don't wear a lot of pink shades because I find they can make you look either really young or tired, depending on the shade. But I like the shades in this palette, especially when blended together. I own the original naked palette which is my go to, everyday eyeshadows. Between the two? I still prefer the first one. What I like about the first one is that it has everything I need- highlight, blending, lid, crease, and liner colours. When I travel it's all I need to bring. You could get away with blending with "limit" from the palette, but I find when I'm using all pink shades, I like a more neutral colour to blend with, like "naked" from the original. It comes with a two sided brush and it's actually pretty good. I use the smaller side for highlighting and the fluffier side for the crease. It also comes with a sample side of all the urban decay primer potions which I'm excited to try. Overall, I would give this palette a 4/5.

Pros:
Fun, pretty colours
Matte blending shades compliment the colours well
Matte highlight shade (which I don't have any of)
Transitions well from day to night
Packaging is nice

Cons:
Blending shades are pink (I still reach for my naked 1 palette for "naked" and "buck" for blending)
Some of the lighter shades are not as pigmented and harder to work with
It's pricey

Favourite colour combo:
"Liar" on the lid
"Nooner" in the crease
"Factory" in outer V







No comments:

Post a Comment