Friday 17 January 2014

The Best Body Lotion...Gold Bond Ultimate



So this isn't the most glamorous post, but I have to give this lotion a shout out. I was having dry patchy skin on my stomach of all places and no amount of moisturizer was doing anything. I told my friend about she recommended this lotion after our manager recommended it to her. Sure enough, my dry skin was pretty much gone as soon as I used it. I now use it everyday on my legs and they haven't had any dryness since.

This lotion comes in 3 different formulas (at least that I saw at the store), Aloe, CoQ10, and Sensitive. I first bought the Aloe one. It is a very thick lotion. It is super moisturizing. It leaves your skin feeling like you just moisturized pretty much until you shower next. I have always found with lotions that I'll moisturize my legs and once it absorbs my legs look dry again. This is the only lotion I've used that actually leaves my legs soft until my next shower.


Ingredients list
Super thick

The only downside is that because it leaves your legs feeling like you just applied lotion, it doesn't really absorb. So it can be hard to squeeze into skinny jeans right after applying it. Also, in the summer when its hot and you get sweaty, it can leave your legs feeling a bit slick and sticky (probably the glycerin). But because this moisturizer heals skin skin instantly, I can usually skip a day if I know its going to be a hot day. Also, I'm not crazy about the smell. It smells a little bit like grandmas lotion. I don't need such an intense moisturizer on my arms because they're not dry, but the smell is another reason I don't apply it to my upper body. I use a nicer smelling lotion on top.

So I just bought the CoQ10 version just to try it, so I can't do a full review because I just got it, but so far I really like it too. It's not as thick and feels more like a regular lotion but is still as moisturizing. The ingredients are quite a bit different from the Aloe one as you can see in the pictures. The second ingredient is urea. According to wikipedia "Urea dissolves the intercellular matrix of the cells of the stratum corneum, promoting desquamation of scaly skin, eventually resulting in softening of hyperkeratotic areas." In simple terms, urea exfoliates the top layer of the skin, getting rid of the dry skin. Again though, this moisturizer smells a bit granny like. More so even than the Aloe one. Although scent is a personal thing.



Less thick, more like regular lotion


So basically if you have dry skin, you need this lotion. It's amazing and it costs anywhere from $10-15 depending if it's on sale.





No comments:

Post a Comment