Sunday 5 January 2014

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows

In the past I have tried the benefit creaseless cream shadow in "birthday suit". These appealed to me as someone with oily lids prone to creasing as they are called creaseless. I thought this would be a good alternative to the MAC cream color bases which do crease. So do they work?



My first impression was the pigmentation. With birthday suit, I put on one layer with my finger and it barely showed up. So i put on another thin layer. A little better but still not very noticeable. I put on a THIRD layer and it showed up as a light, iridescent taupe colour. Still nothing dramatic, but nice. I liked this colour (with 3 layers) for an everyday look or as a base under other taupe shadows. I brushed off the lack pigmentation to this shade. After all, it is called birthday suit, maybe it's supposed to be sheer. So giving it the benefit of the doubt, I bought another colour in R.S.V.P. Unfortunately it has the same problem. Its a light, neutral/pinky shade that I thought would look nice with my new Naked 3 palette. With one layer, barely noticeable. But is it creaseless? Not completely. By itself without a primer, it lasts longer than a powder shadow without a primer, but still not as good as using an eyeshadow primer under powder. If that makes sense. For me, it lasted only a few hours before creasing. You could put a primer under to increase the longevity, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of using a creaseless product? I feel like I shouldn't have to. I get that more putting on more lays would make it crease sooner, but applied thinly, it doesn't show up at all. The other downside is they dry out. My first one dried out after maybe 1 year? When you pay $26 for one eyeshadow I feel like I should get more uses out of it than that. I'll stick to powders.

It swatches nice, but doesn't show up at all on the lid! So annoying!


So basically, if built up enough, the colour is decent at best and it lasts a bit longer than a powder, but it's nothing that special. I would rather stick with my powder shadow and a primer. I would not repurchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment