Tuesday 7 January 2014

Favourite Drug Store Lipsticks

I buy exclusively drug store lipstick. There is some really good stuff there and it's affordable! There's always an alternative at the drugstore for a $30 lipstick. So these are just some of my favourtites. And I apologize fore the bad pictures, I'm still trying to figure out my lighting!

~Everyday/Lighter Colour~

Revlon Matte 002: I bought this lipstick a long time ago and I haven't seen it around recently, so I hope they still have it. This is a my lips but better colour. It's a neutral pink that I can wear with any make up look. It's not nude, but just pink enough that it looks fun but not so pink that it's in your face. It's a matte formula so it can be a bit drying, but still not as bad as MAC. I find it similar to MAC Hue but it's not quite as nude and a bit darker.



MAC Hue on the left, Revlon 002 on the right


~Dark Colour~

Rimmel Lasting Finish in Bordeaux 124: I was on the hunt for a dark red colour and couldn't find one that wasn't too brown. I saw a girl wearing this colour and asked her what it was because it was just what I was looking for! This is a nice dark red shade that does have some brown undertones but less so than most I tried. I'm pale and I love this shade on me, so don't shy away. I find this shade more flattering than other classic red shades so I reach for it a lot.




~Spring/Summer Colour~

Maybelline Vivid in Pink Pop 860: I love the vivids collection from Maybelline. I want to get some more colours, but haven't yet because I find them to be more spring/summer colours and I have been wearing dark shades lately. This is my favourite colour because I love pinks. The formula is super pigmented and goes on really smooth. I always get compliments on this colour.



~Fall/Winter Colour~

Maybelline Colour Sensational in Blissful Berry 410: Nicole Guerriero mentioned this colour in one of her videos and I immediately went out and got it. This colour looks really dark in the tube, but it goes on your lips much lighter. It looks more of a berry colour on this lips. This is my favourite formula of lipstick at the drug store. It is so creamy and hydrating and has a nice sheen to it. I always have dry lips, so I find this formula much more forgiving if your lips aren't perfectly smooth. I wanted to buy a bunch more of these lipsticks but they were all picked over and used at the store. I've been wearing this colour a lot this fall and winter.


Didn't show up well, it's much darker than this as you can see below







No comments:

Post a Comment