Sunday 26 January 2014

Mini Lip Haul- Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm and NYX Jumbo Lip Pencils



A lot of people have been talking about the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms and I wanted to try them out. I went to the store to pick up a few, but unfortunately most colours were sold out. I picked up 2 and figured I'd try them out first. While I was at the store I saw that NYX Jumbo Lip Pencils were on sale for $3.99 so I decided I'd pick up a few of those too. They swatched nice in the store, so I was excited to try them. I picked up a few other things, but I'll keep this most about the lip pencils.

From left to right- Revlon Colorburst Matte balm in Audacious and Striking, NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Honey Nectar, Chaos, and Plush Red

My first impression about the Revlon Colourbust Matte Balms is that they seem a bit drying and not as pigmented as I'd like. There was another girl at the store buying some and she said that she loved them, but that she found them drying so I'm not the only one. For a balm the pigment is good, but as a lipstick, its not great. And its not hydrating enough to be a balm. I wore one out the other night and I did wear a lip balm with it because it does show every little flaw on the lips. I have dry lips so matte products are usually out of the question unless I've done some good preparation. The staying power was decent. I did have to touch it up a few times during the night. As far as the pigmentation goes, I'd say its pretty good. Again, nothing amazing. It does show up well, but as you can see from the swatches above they look a bit dull compared with the NYX ones. That is probably the matte formula more so than the pigmentation I guess. Overall, I'd say these lip products are nice and I will continue to wear them, but I'm not going to run out and buy any more colours.


The NYX Jumbo Lip Pencils on the other hand though, are really nice. I was surprised how much I like these. They are super creamy and have a nice sheen to them. Not glossy, not matte. I wore the colour honey nectar to work since it is neutral, and the staying power isn't bad. I was drinking through a straw all day, plus eating, and I touched up only a few times. Even when it rubbed off, it still left a bit of colour behind. I swatched these on my arms and washed them off only minutes later and the red stained my arm! The pigmentation is great and they come in a ton of colours. I got the 3 that appealed to me most but I want to go back and get some more since I like these so much. And at $3.99, it doesn't get any better.



                                                   
                                                                  Bare Lips (Bad lighting, I know)
                                               
                                                          Revlon in Striking- Orangey Red
Revlon in Audacious- Wearable Orange


NYX in Honey Nectar- A nice neutral, MLBB


NYX in Chaos- A wearable bright pink (Love this one!)

NYX in Plush Red- Really nice, classic red with good staying power




No comments:

Post a Comment