Monday 6 January 2014

L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black vs Voluminous Million Lashes

I bought these mascaras based on the recommendation of Nicole Guerriero and TiffanyD from youtube.

The L'Oreal voluminous carbon black is more traditional mascara brush. Pulling it out of the tube is alarming cause it looks so clumpy. And it is. You need to work with this mascara to get the clumps out, but the results are worth it. It is one of the more dramatic mascaras I've used. It is volumizing and lengthening. The only downside to this mascara is having to work with it quite a bit and it also can smudge throughout the day.


Clumps galore!


The Voluminous Million Lashes is a plastic brush. This mascara is more separating and lengthening, but less volumizing. I like this mascara for everyday use as I don't need to work with it as much as the carbon black so it's quicker. This mascara, for me, is nothing special. No better than the Lash blast or any other those other plastic brushes. The good thing is that it doesn't run like the carbon black.



Between the two, like the look of the carbon black better. The million lashes is nothing special, just a basic mascara and I would take the lash blast over it (for cheaper too). But I like to use these two in combination. Days when I'm not working I'll put on a layer or two of the carbon black on then do another layer of the million lashes to separate the clumps from the carbon black, but still keeping the volume and drama. This is the same idea of Nicole Guerriero. She uses the carbon black as her base and puts like 5 coats of other mascaras over.



No comments:

Post a Comment