Sunday 13 April 2014

Bright Spring Lips

Although it was snowing the day I bought these, I held onto my optimism and excitement for spring. I'm so sick of winter and ready for shorts, dresses, sandals, and bright lips!

I went to the store with the intention of getting some NYX butter glosses and all Maybelline lip products were on sale and the NYX were full price. They go on sale frequently, so I changed my plan. I picked up some Vivids which I know I like, and the newer Color Elixer glosses. I love Maybelline lip products and deffinately could have bought more so I was good.





 I lost my Pink Pop lipstick in Mexico with all my other lipsticks so this one is a repurchase. I love this for spring and summer. It's a bright, neon pink but very pretty. It's like classic Barbie pink. The other colour is also from the vivds collection and is supposed to be my replacement for the MAC pro longwear colour Forever Love that I lost. It's not the exact same but similar enough. It's a darker, more hot pink colour. Not as bright or neon as Pink Pop so maybe more wearable if you don't like the lighter pinks.




 I've seen these lipglosses before and thought the packaging was adorable. It's lipgloss trying to look like lipstick! I heard one person rave about them on youtube so I bought two to try out. I got a bright pink and a coral. The pink is called Hibiscus Haven and is a bright pink. It looks nice paired over both lipsticks. The coral is called Breath Taking Apricot and actually looks more pink than orange on my lips. So don't let the orangeness scare you. These lipglosses are very pigmented but not totally opaque. They add a lot of colour worn on their own and also look nice paired over lipstick. They're not sticky and feel nice and smooth on the lips. The doe foot applicator is flat and easy to apply. 





What are your favourite lip products for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment