Wednesday 30 April 2014

Empties and Repurchases

I'm bad at saving my empties but these are just a few of the things I remembered to save. I remembered to save these as they are mostly products that I like and repurchased. I love trying new products so it takes a lot for me to repurchase something. Even if I like a product, there are just so many other products I need to try!


It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in- I have already done a post on this stuff so you know I like it. It's been my favourite leave in product I've tried. I don't like the price but it works so well I got the bigger size which was a better value ($35 for 10oz). This detangles so well and leaves my hair feeling so soft and silky. It is easy to use too much though which weighs my hair down and makes it feel like its a bit greasy. I only need a few sprays of it which also makes it last a bit longer than cheaper products. I also saved the little bottle and refilled it so I can use it as my travel one (because I can't wash my hair without it).



Blistex Lip Balm- I had to include this because I was so proud that I used up an entire lip balm before losing it! I always have to bring a lip balm to work because it's so dry, and I always forgot to empty my pockets so most of my lip balms get ruined in the laundry. I like these because they're affordable. I get an 8 or 10 pack from Costco for like $8. They're nothing special but I find they moisturize well. They're small so they fit in my pocket. I like them better than the EOS because they're too bulky to keep in my pocket and I honestly don't find they moisturize my chapped lips well.



MAC MSF Natural- I have gone through a bunch of these. I remember to save them because of the MAC recycling program. I was debating between getting another one of these or the Rimmel Stay Matte powder but I think the talc in the Stay Matte foundation is what was breaking me out and the powder has talc too. It's just hard to pay $36 for setting powder but I justify it because they last me like 6 months. I used to use the Studio Fix powder because I liked the extra coverage but switched to the MSF about a year ago. This has a nice finish to it without looking powdery or too matte. I think I'll always buy MAC powder.



L'Oreal Shampoo/Conditioner- I recently tried the L'Oreal Repair 5 line and really liked it. After colouring my hair I got the colour radiance line instead and find it to be very similar. As far as colour preservation goes, my hair colour faded a lot so I don't know how well that part works. But I kind of wanted the colour to fade so I wasn't complaining. The shampoo cleans well and the conditioner leaves my hair feeling soft. I'm not super picky with my shampoos/conditioners and usually stick to drug store brands such as L'Oreal, Pantene, or Tresemme. I went through two bottles of this stuff (threw out the bottles) but have since bought Pantene to shake things up. It's also good to change your shampoos/conditioners up every so often.



Maybelline Vivid in Pink Pop- I lost this one on vacation so it's not really an empty but I like this colour so much I repurchased it. I love bright pink lips and this one is a nice, fun colour for summer.




Dove Dry Shampoo- I have only ever tried 2 dry shampoos, the other being the Tresemme dry shampoo. The Dove one is much better. It doesn't feel like hair spray with baby powder in it like the Tresemme one does. It is easy to over do it which leaves a bit of a film in the hair but a few sprays does the trick to refresh my bangs. This does leave a white cast though. When I was blonde it wasn't that big of a deal, but now that my hairs darker, I have to make sure I just use a small amount and rub it in well.



Benefit The Porefessional- I've already done a full review on this if you're interested. It's not exactly a repurchase but the little sample actually lasted a really long time and I purchased the full size when it was empty. I don't think this primer is a miracle worker like everyone seems to think. I feel like it's all psychological, but I just feel better when I use a primer. Of the ones I have tried, this is my favourite.



                                     

                                           What are some products you will continue to repurchase?

No comments:

Post a Comment