Monday 7 April 2014

Sephora Skin Care Purchases

It's the annual Sephora Beauty Insider sale! It's kind of sad that we all loose our minds to save a mere 15%. With all the money we spend a sephora I would think they could fork over more than 15% once a year... That being said, I still take the opportunity to get those products I've been eyeing or things I think are too expensive. Because I just bought a bunch of eyeshadows I didn't need to get any more of those. I just bought new foundation and there was really nothing else I needed. I know, I was so good. My skin has been a bit weird lately. It's been dry and flakey but still very oily. I've also been having a lot of breakouts. So I want to try increasing the hyrdation and using some serums. I currently use cetaphil moisturizer in the morning with Neutragena Deep Clean cleanser and Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream at night. I like the infinity cream but as a product junkie, I want to try something new! These are a few things I got.





Philosophy Purity Cleaner- I got a sample of this a while ago and didn't like it. It didn't remove my makeup and it didn't lather. I prefer using lathering cleansers as they're more clarifying. However they strip your skin, making them more drying so maybe I'll try something more gentle. I have since added in a step to my routine since trying it, though. I never used to remove my makeup first. I found that washing my face got it all off. I now use makeup remover wipes before washing my face and it's way easier. So now that I remove my makeup first, I thought I would try the Purity cleanser again as a more gentle alternative to the Deep Clean cleanser I use now. The Deep Clean has salisylic acid in it which could be drying out my skin. I find my skin is usually best, with fewer break outs, when I use more gentle products. It smells really nice too.






Philosophy Micro Exfoliating Wash- I recently got a sample of Dr. Brandts Microdermabrasion skin exfoliant and hated that I loved it because it's $90. If you have $90 to spend on face scrub, check it out. It smells like lemon cleaning products, which I love. Anyways, I tried out a few different exfoliators to try to find one similar. It's hard to find one with fine beads but also a lot of them. This one is like a gel cleanser with fine beads and seems pretty scrubby. I'll try this one out and try not to compare it too much with the Dr. Brandts. I'm going to try to get in the habit of exfoliating more. 








Dr. Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Boosters- I wanted some kind of radiance boosting concentrate (sounds kind of gimmicky but we all fall for the promises of beautiful skin). I saw these in the store previously (adorable, eye catching packaging) but passed over them, probably waiting for this sale. Dr. Dennis Gross serums go for $80-100 each so I thought this was a nice sample pack for a decent price. To be exact, these are 3, 0.5oz bottles for $63 vs the full sized 1oz for $82. So that's actually a good deal...can't argue with that logic, right? The serums are radiance booster, hydration booster, and purifying booster. These concentrates can be used alone, added to your moisturizer, or added to your makeup. You can use one all over, or use each in targeted areas. I'm excited to try these and have high expectations my face will be a glowing ray of sunshine. 






Tarte Maracuja Oil- I was planning on buying the Josie Maran Argan oil but thought I would try this oil out instead. I love the full sized bottles packaging but couldn't pull the trigger on the full sized, $55 bottle. I figured I would try the small bottle before making the commitment. I don't like the packing of the roller ball for a face oil. I'll already have the concentrate on my face so I'll have to rub it on my clean hands to dispense it. I wish it came in a dropper like the mini Josie Maran Argan Oil. I'll use this as my night time moisturizing as my Infinity Oil is almost out (which has lasted me an entire year by the way). 
Edit: The roller ball is terrible. It actually doesn't dispense enough product and it's annoying to use. The product is nice though, so I think I'll return it and get the full sized bottle.


What are some new products you're adding to your skin care routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment