Wednesday 14 May 2014

Shampoo and Conditioner For Copper Hair

I got some new products at the salon when I dyed my hair copper. I don't usually buy expensive hair products because there's good stuff at the drug store for cheap, but these are more unique products and I haven't found anything like them at the drug store.


Aveda Madder Root- I only got this in the conditioner but it also comes with the shampoo. My stylist said between the two, the conditioner is more pigmented so I just got it. This is a colour depositing conditioner, not a toner. It actually puts colour into your hair so your dye job lasts longer. I find that it lasts for about 2 shampoos so I use it about every 3rd shampoo or when I want some more red. It is very red and very pigmented. I didn't like this at first because it's the wrong shade. It is very red when I want my hair to be copper. It was also very blotchy. I would have chucks and streaks of red in my hair that would take a few shampoos to fade. I tried applying it evenly and combing through it but it still came out blotchy. I have since learned to just mix a little in with my conditioner. I use about 2/3 conditioner with 1/3 of the madder root, if not less. This dilutes it enough that its not as dark red and applies more evenly in the hair. And best of all it makes it last longer because it's quite pricey.





$35 for 250mls


Davines Alchemic Shampoo/Conditioner- I just recently got this shampoo and conditioner from my salon when I got my hair done. My stylist recommended this for my copper hair to keep the colour bright because she too found out (the hard way) that colour depositing products are streaky in my hair. This shampoo/conditioner is not colour depositing but just brightening. I don't know if it's true, but my stylist said you have to use the two products together. I love that its actually copper coloured and not red. Most toning shampoos/conditioners at the drug store are red or pink coloured. This shampoo is more yellow and the conditioner is copper. The shampoo doesn't lather a lot so I use 1/2 as much as usual in two separate shampoos because I find the second time lathers more and gets my hair cleaner. The conditioner is very thick and I don't need to use as much as I would with my drug store conditioners. It leaves my hair feeling nice and silky. It does brighten the colour and makes it look more copper. This saves time going to the salon for a toner every few weeks. The only downside is it smells like baby powder. I hate baby powder scented products. Why would I want to smell like a baby butt?! Apart from the smell and price, I really like this toning shampoo/conditioner for keeping my colour bright. This also comes in silver, golden, tobacco, red, and chocolate.












Shampoo $23 for 280mls and Conditioner $30 for 250mls (I think that's about what I paid, can't remember exactly)

No comments:

Post a Comment